Help

Can Airtable generate calendar entries with start and end times for Apple Calendar?

Topic Labels: Views
2475 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hairtable
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I’d like to manage my diary using Airtable and can see that date entries (without a time entry) default to “all-day” entries in the view’s calendar subscription (when added to Apple Calendar).

When there is a time entry, this becomes the start time for the calendar entry, and the default duration seems to be one hour. Is there a way to determine duration and/or end time so that the calendar sync displays the ‘true’ diary entry for a table row?

2 Replies 2

This is only accessible with a paid “Pro” workspace. In a “Pro” workspace, you can create an “End Date/Time” field that has the desired ending date/time for the calendar event, and in the “Calendar” view you are able to select an ending time to show duration blocks in the calendar.

I’ve not tested to see how those carry over to Apple Calendar, but I’d imagine they carry over as the same duration blocks you see in Airtable when using that advanced option.

Hairtable
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

That’s great, thank you.

I’ve not tested to see how those carry over to Apple Calendar, but I’d imagine they carry over as the same duration blocks you see in Airtable when using that advanced option.

It works as expected in Apple Calendar using a subscription link. It creates an entry with a start and end time to match the date entry in Airtable. In the details field, there is a URL to the record in Airtable.