cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Steve_Doll
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi all,

I have automation setup to put notes in long text field when certain conditions met (and was proud of myself :winking_face: )…BUT when it triggers it removes and REPLACES any text that may already be there…just wanting to add additional text in that field…can that be done?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Kamille_Parks
16 - Uranus
16 - Uranus

yep. You append any field type’s value by inserting the value from the trigger record (or any other previous step), adding a space (or comma if its an “array” field), then typing in the value to be appended at the end.

See Solution in Thread

4 Replies 4
Kamille_Parks
16 - Uranus
16 - Uranus

yep. You append any field type’s value by inserting the value from the trigger record (or any other previous step), adding a space (or comma if its an “array” field), then typing in the value to be appended at the end.

Steve_Doll

Heck simple enough, why didn’t I think of that… thank you for the help!

Im having trouble using this application in an Airtable automation loop. Im looking to add a linked relationship to an empty link field then to append that same field with a second, third, etc record connection

Hi there - New to Airtable and this was my exact question.  I am looking to add new tasks to record when a certain status is chosen.  But sometimes end user already has tasks entered.  Can you show me formula syntax to append and not replace? Do I literally type "Value to be appended at the end" ...that's the last line of formula code?

Also, "by inserting the value from the trigger record" can you explain where I get this value & what trigger record? If I understand, in my case, the trigger record would be when the status is updated to Onboarding, add these 4 tasks but append them if text is there, not replace.   Can you help me w/ formula please?