cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alex_Long
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello,

I have set up a table and a form in a base but want to move the table AND the form with all its configurations to another base. Is this possible?

I know I can do it for the table but can’t seem to figure out how to do it for the form.

Many thanks!

7 Replies 7

I don’t think there is any way to do this. Why do you need to transfer a duplicate of a form to another base? I ask because, for most cases, it is best to keep all of your data in a single base and work off of tables and views, rather that working off of different bases. When all of your data is contained in the same base, you have the ability to create relationships between that data, but as soon as you separate data into different bases, you no longer have a way to relate it in Airtable.

This is exactly why. I have a main base that I want the data in and don’t want two separate ones. But I set this up without realising my colleague had set up a main base.

Berthold_Trenke
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Got stuck on the same issue. It’s kind of a bug to me - when I duplicate a table (aka tab). It should allow to duplicate also all the views + forms.

Welcome to the community, @Berthold_Trenkel1! :grinning_face_with_big_eyes: Your issue is different than the original post from last year. Alex was asking about copying a form between bases. You’re talking about duplicating tables within a single base (from what I can tell). I just ran a test, and duplicating a table does duplicate all views, including forms.

Hi Justin. You are right. Tried it again and it worked. So all good.

Team_USFWC
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi! The question still stand though about moving a form to a different, already existing, table or base. I don’t think that’s possible right now and it seems like it would really be nice to have. If it is possible, I’d like to know how. Thank you!

Welcome to the community, @Team_USFWC! :grinning_face_with_big_eyes: Unfortunately this still isn’t possible.

Something for all readers in this thread to keep in mind is that an Airtable form is a type of view. Because of that, the issue at hand is actually the inability to copy views between tables/bases. If/when Airtable adds that ability, that will affect all view types, including form views.