Help

Can I open a link with one click on the iOS app?

Topic Labels: Views
1505 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gusso
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I’ve been using the URL field to display a link in every record, I click on these all the time on multiple devices. This never worked directly on the grid view in the iOS app, I always need to open the expanded view first to get to the link.

Today I just learned about the Button field, and its description gave me a lot of hope I’d be able to trigger it with one click in the app, because it straight up looks like a button on the grid view. But it still just opens the expanded view of the record.

Did anyone find a workaround for this? Is it reasonable to expect that this behaviour changes eventually?

2 Replies 2

Welcome to the community, @gusso! :grinning_face_with_big_eyes: I’m not aware of a workaround for this yet, but I agree that it would be very useful, and I’d like to think that it will be implemented eventually. I hope the same immediate access is added to checkboxes, which also can’t be changed on iOS without opening the record.

M_k
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

Hi @gusso

You might want to look into iOS shortcuts, it’s accessible with iOS 13 and higher.

There are shortcuts for Airtable in general, you may have to do some research…

You could check out Reditt, there are some very clever people there that might help to create a shortcut for you, if you cannot find one.

There is also these neat websites:

On the same website, I found this:

There might be a learning curve, but it might be of interest to you.

Hope this helps.

Mary Kay