11327 15
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alex_Mohseni
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Is there a way to prefill a portion of an Airtable form from the html link? For example, with Wufoo you can send a parameter such as field1=“concrete” at the end of the html to prefill the first field.

15 Replies 15
Victoria_Hay
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi Alex,

We do not yet provide the option to pre-fill fields in an Airtable form. This is something we are considering, and we appreciate your feedback (and your patience)!

Thanks,

Victoria

Ida_Aalen
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Are you still considering this? Would be very useful :slightly_smiling_face:

Kasra_Kyanzade1
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi!

We haven’t gotten around to building the user interface for this yet, but for now, you can use prefill_ parameters in the form URL to prefill specific fields as a workaround.

e.g to prefill the “Name” and “Email” fields for a form, you can do this:

Note that the part after prefill_ must exactly match the actual field name as it appears in the table, not the label used in the form.

Thanks,

Kasra

Can this be used for linked fields?

Not at this time, sorry.

It would be great if I could also use this for hidden fields (not displayed on the form). :slightly_smiling_face:

Stanford_Rosent
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I’m using the prefill_ approach and all my dates are appearing one day before the date in the URL.

This workaround doesn’t seem to work with single-select fields. How can we pre-populate those prior to form submission?

All, I’ve captured this as a feature request here for future reference: