Help

Can I recycle my form to use with other grids?

Topic Labels: Views
Solved
Jump to Solution
1239 5
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Teacher_Lin
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi Airtablers,

I’m a total newb here and I’m struggling with forms for data input.

I have achieved a passable/usable form on one grid which I would like to copy over and reuse with other grids rather than manually go through all the set-up and again. I’m pretty sure that this can be done since no one likes redoing stuff they already done. But, I have not discovered how.

I would really appreciate hearing from you if you can tell me how to basically cut and paste a form from one grid to another.

Thank you for reading.
T

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Teacher_Lin

Figured it out.

You just have to right click on the table tab and duplicate. It takes all the data (if wanted) and the forms with it. Voila.

It is strange though that the iOS mobile app allows table duplication but (in my case) the Android version did not have the “duplicate table” option in the same menu.

See Solution in Thread

5 Replies 5

Welcome to the community, @Teacher_Lin!

What do you mean by “grids”?

You can duplicate your form by simply choosing “Duplicate Form” from the little menu that has 3 dots.

If you’re talking about duplicating your form to a completely different table, that is not possible.

Hope this helps! If this answers your question, could you please mark this comment as the solution to your question? This will help other people who have a similar question. :slightly_smiling_face:

Scott,

Yes, I meant “table”, not “grid”.

Are you sure? It seems like a massive and unlikely oversight not to be able to duplicate stuff that has already been created.

Export and import? Seems odd. What about duplicate the base and delete unwanted tables within it?
Any thoughts on this?

I found this:

It suggests table duplication is possible in the mobile app (which seems less likely than in the web version) but when I tried it, the “duplicate” option did not appear as suggested in the that guide.

Lin

What are you trying to accomplish?

Teacher_Lin

Well, I have a table for which I have created a data input form. The form is working as intended and it enters the data I need into the table I have created.
Now, I would like to duplicate both the table (and rename it) and the form to create data from another group (class actually).

Sorry if I’m using inappropriate terms here. Hope you can understand my meaning.

Teacher_Lin

Figured it out.

You just have to right click on the table tab and duplicate. It takes all the data (if wanted) and the forms with it. Voila.

It is strange though that the iOS mobile app allows table duplication but (in my case) the Android version did not have the “duplicate table” option in the same menu.