Help

Can I use automation to change a Single Select in one table based on the change of a Single select on another table?

Topic Labels: Automations
744 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sameer_Noorani
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have two linked tables in the same base i) Accounts ii) Meetings. I would like to update the “status” field (single select) on the Accounts table based on the the “meeting outcome” field (single select) on the Meetings table.

For example if I create a new record in the Meetings table for Account#5 and I set the Meeting “status” field to “Successful”, I would like to automatically change Account#5’s record in the Account table to “Won”. Conversely, if I create a new record in the Meetings table for Account#5 and I set the Meeting “status” field to “Unsuccessful”, I would like to automatically change Account#5’s record in the Account table to “Lost”.

Can this be achieved with automations? I haven’t used scripts and am not a programmer so not to comfortable using that approach.

1 Reply 1
JonathanB
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

The two tables will need to be linked in some way using linked records so that accounts and meetings can be linked. Then in each table you would use a lookup field to find the status of the meeting/account and set your automations to change the status based on that lookup field.