2960 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Florence_Chiu
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I’m trying to attach a document in an airtable form using the field type attachment. But it ends up being a question in the live form that users are asked to upload a document RATHER than one where users can just download the attachment I uploaded. The document is like a terms and conditions that users can read before they submit the form.

Any ideas how to do this?

3 Replies 3
Andrew_Johnson1
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Thinking of the top of my head here.

You could implement a custom form (using HTML and some back-end language like JAVA, .NET etc) and with the help of the Airtable API you can store the form data into your Airtable base.

Since this will be a custom form you could add a link onto your form which will point to the “terms and conditions” document you want your users to download before submitting the form…

If you enter a valid URL in the 'Add some help text' area for any field in the form, it will be converted to a clickable link — it even opens in another tab! (Of course, you’ll have to have your T&C hosted somewhere; presumably, a shared link on a virtual drive — Google Drive, DropBox, and the like — would suffice.)

Here’s how it looks using a checkbox field and Airtable’s own Terms of Service as the target.

form_url

(Note the space between the URL and the closing period!)

That is to send info with the form, not no compose it.