2597 5
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pammi_Moss
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi, as a new Airtable user i could really do with some help.
I help organise a small cat rescue so have built my 1st ever database (whoop lol) so we can organise who needs adopting, what sex, colour etc…
a couple of us cant access the information via the browser on our phones. it comes up with a ‘header’ screen so to speak but you cant access any of the info.
I am fine as I have an android so I just downloaded the app. But one person is making excuses that they can’t and so far cannot see anything.

Does anyone have any advice or hints / tips as to get it working on phone browser? thank ya’ll ever so much x

5 Replies 5

I wouldn’t suggest trying to use the browser version of Airtable from a phone. It is possible by requesting the desktop version of the site (just google “how to request desktop version on iOS/Android”) — but it is not an enjoyable experience at all.

There is an Airtable app for both Android and iOS, so unless they have a flip phone or an obsolete Windows phone, they can download the app - they just need to put in the effort :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you. I have the app on my phone and it’s so much nicer. They are just being stubborn because I have built it and not them 🤷 (yeah cos we’re all 12​:rofl: :rofl: ).
The issue I have with the browser is not that it’s not a great experience… it’s that it just doesn’t work :frowning: . It kind of freezes so we can’t open anything, add to it or sort anything.
Does anyone know a solution to this? It’s done the same on mine as hers. Mine is a latest Android X

M_k
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

Hi @Pammi_Moss

The mobile Airtable version has limitations, they don’t have all of the same field options as the desktop, but the mobile (phone) does allow you to search, sort and create filters, now this is for the Apple devices. I cannot speak about Android devices, since I don’t own one. The other thing you might want to do is turn the Android device to landscape orientation and see if you might be able to have the screen show more options.

Having said that, I regularly use the Airtable app on my iPad and if I have to access more options I do it or set it up on the desktop version and then just go back to my iPad.

I also have the app on my iPod Touch (similar to an iPhone) too. It seems that I have the same options as I have on my iPad.

Hope this helps.

Mary K

‫في ١٤ محرم، ١٤٤١ هـ، الساعة ١٠:١٣ م، كتب/كتبت ‏⁨M_k via Airtable Community Forum⁩ ‏<⁨airtable@discoursemail.com⁩>:‬

M_k
M_k

September 13

Hi @Pammi_Moss

The mobile Airtable version has limitations, they don’t have all of the same field options as the desktop, but the mobile (phone) does allow you to search, sort and create filters, now this is for the Apple devices. I cannot speak about Android devices, since I don’t own one. The other thing you might want to do is turn the Android device to landscape orientation and see if you might be able to have the screen show more options.

Having said that, I regularly use the Airtable app on my iPad and if I have to access more options I do it or set it up on the desktop version and then just go back to my iPad.

I also have the app on my iPod Touch (similar to an iPhone) too. It seems that I have the same options as I have on my iPad.

Hope this helps.

Mary K

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

Previous Replies

Pammi_Moss
Pammi_Moss

September 13

Thank you. I have the app on my phone and it’s so much nicer. They are just being stubborn because I have built it and not them 🤷 (yeah cos we’re all 12​:rofl:_rofl_).
The issue I have with the browser is not that it’s not a great experience… it’s that it just doesn’t work _frowning_ . It kind of freezes so we can’t open anything, add to it or sort anything.
Does anyone know a solution to this? It’s done the same on mine as hers. Mine is a latest Android X

Jeremy_Oglesby
Jeremy_Oglesby
Community Leader

September 13

I wouldn’t suggest trying to use the browser version of Airtable from a phone. It is possible by requesting the desktop version of the site (just google “how to request desktop version on iOS/Android”) — but it is not an enjoyable experience at all.

There is an Airtable app for both Android and iOS, so unless they have a flip phone or an obsolete Windows phone, they can download the app - they just need to put in the effort _slight_smile_

Pammi_Moss
Pammi_Moss

September 13

Hi, as a new Airtable user i could really do with some help.
I help organise a small cat rescue so have built my 1st ever database (whoop lol) so we can organise who needs adopting, what sex, colour etc…
a couple of us cant access the information via the browser on our phones. it comes up with a ‘header’ screen so to speak but you cant access any of the info.
I am fine as I have an android so I just downloaded the app. But one person is making excuses that they can’t and so far cannot see anything.

Does anyone have any advice or hints / tips as to get it working on phone browser? thank ya’ll ever so much x

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

You are receiving this because you enabled mailing list mode.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

M_k
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

Hi @Pammi_Moss

Did you have any questions or reply.

If you did, it did not come through.

Mary