Hi Airtable community!
I have an issue and I desperately need your help
To better explain my issue I created demo database that you can find here.
This is a basic school management database with table student, academic quartal and payments.
- One student can attend many quartals but can also attend one quartal
- One student can have multiple payments through multiple quartals
The issue is:
- I can’t find a way to show all payments of students that payed something in specific academic quartal
- This is probably because of the table payments and primary key that’s “amount” with amount in currency
I tried to solve it like this:
- I added “total sum” in a table “Students” that shows combined payments through all academic quartals but this won’t solve anything because I would need to show payments only for specific quartal (e.g. to show payments for 2018 Q1 or 2017 Q4 etc.)
- I used filtering in “payments” table but it wasn’t helpful. Filter that I used is: WHERE academic quartal CONTAINS 2018-Q1 AND Total sum < $100.
- This filter isn’t very helpful because it compared “total sum” instead of SUM of current quartal. But keep in mind that one student can pay 4 times $50 and it can pay one time $200. But I can’t find a way to combine all payments in one quartal of one student.
Basically, what I’m trying to do is create a view to show all students that payed only half amount for one academic quartal so I can remind them to pay another part of scholarship.
I hope that this make sense? Can someone tell me what I’m doing wrong?