cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jim_Bean
5 - Automation Enthusiast

New user with a few questions.

I’m trying to create a Car Maintenance Log database and ran into a small problem. I’m looking to manually input my mileage into a table and reference it from another table. I have tried several varations of formulas and can’t get what I’m looking for.

Screen Shot 2018-07-13 at 8.51.04 AM.png

Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance.

28 Replies 28

What about Grouping By year? You could add a Year formula field, with YEAR(Date).

Captura de pantalla 2018-07-15_04-24-57_p. m..png

It is enough?

@W_Vann_Hall

Thank you for the clarification! Got it working and thought I was done until @Elias_Gomez_Sainz came along with another great idea!

I was just going to use the rollup’s @W_Vann_Hall suggested in the cars table. Now I’m thinking of creating an expenditures page and implementing @Elias_Gomez_Sainz’s idea. Any help with the formula you used?

Screen Shot 2018-07-15 at 7.17.02 PM.png

Jim_Bean

One more question…

How do I get a similar view on the IOS app? Right now all my data is cluttered and I’m looking for a way to sort like above. Thanks in advance.

IMG_1730.jpg

Unfortunately, I have to plead ignorance with the mobile apps…

I left it! Just use the YEAR() function.

You can’t. Maybe you could create a Years table and link them to the Log. You’d create a Rollup that sums the amounts and you could see that table from the mobile.

Wayne_Chen

Hi Jim, this is looking interesting. Might sharing it as a template for the rest of us to build on?

Sorry haven’t had time to work on this during the week. Just getting around to adding the cost by year record collection.

@Elias_Gomez_Sainz
I have created a new table called cost and want to keep a running record by year. I have strated today and will continue to model mine after your idea a few posts up. This is a work in progress and I will post progress during the weekend.

Screen Shot 2018-07-20 at 8.23.55 PM.png

@Wayne_Chen
I’m open to sharing and seeing if we can improve this base through colloboration. What’s the best way to share the base?

Screen Shot 2018-07-20 at 8.19.00 PM.png

M_k
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

Hi

I too use the mobile version (unfortunately you have limited field options with the mobile version i.e. no Rollups or Lookups) on my iPad and I also downloaded the desktop version on my MacBook (there is a Windows version too). I don’t know if Jim_Bean was wondering if he could do Rollups, Lookups and Linking tables/records, you could, I did, on the desktop version or maybe I didn’t understand, which is quite possible. :grinning: :grinning:

I did a quick screenshot of the available field options in the mobile version of Airtable. You might know this already and it might also be helpful to other Airtable users, too.

IMG_1746.jpg

IMG_1747.jpg

It seems that you can do linking (create and edit) in the mobile version, I just remembered. I am including another screenshot with the Linking options on an iPad.

IMG_1752.jpg

I hope this helps.

Thank you.
MK

Iasmin_Balaj
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I too would be interested on working on this as a base. Is there a way?
Thank you