Celebrating Malala Yousafzai

"I have the right of education. I have the right to play. I have the right to sing. I have the right to talk. I have the right to go to market. I have the right to speak up.”
- Malala Yousafzai, I Am Malala

This week for Women’s History Month, we are highlighting Pakistani writer and activist Malala Yousafzai!

Malala was born to a father who strongly believed in giving girls the same opportunities as boys, in a culture where girls were most often viewed as secondary to boys and not granted the same fundamental rights. In 2008, the Taliban took over the town that Malala lived in and banned girls from attending school. She spoke publicly about her opinion that girls have a right to an education, and was subsequently shot in the head by a member of the Taliban.

She survived and recovered, and moved with her family to the UK. Malala continues to fight for girls’ education around the world, which led to her becoming the youngest person to ever win the Nobel Peace Prize at age 17. If you are interested in learning more we recommend reading her autobiography, I Am Malala.

Interested in grabbing a copy of this illustration for yourself? Let us know in the comments! The first 5 people to respond will get a poster version :sparkles:

1 Like

This poster would be one that I would also love. Can you please let me know if I am picked?

1 Like

These posters are beautiful. You have some very talented graphic designers.

1 Like