1103 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brandi_Mills
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I just upgraded to the pro plan (from the free). I don’t see anywhere where it gives the price to add a base collaborator. I really don’t think i want to pay much for something that i don’t know if they are going to use much. i paid for Airtable myself because it was my choice to get myself more organized. I really only need my boss to come in every now and then (like once or twice a month) and change a drop down for a job from “billed” to “paid”. That and maybe she would log in every now and then to see the status of things. Is there not a way she can do this without me having to pay to add her as a collaborator? I can make her “view only” for free, right? or can i give her my login so she can just check in every now and then? (and change those drop downs). i know she’d have access to all of my bases, but that is fine, i’m probably only using this for work anyway.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

The pricing on the webpage is per billable collaborator, so adding her as a second collaborator with write access would double your cost.

For only occasionally changing a drop-down, it doesn’t seem worth it to pay for an extra user.

A workaround for updating status would be to use a form with linked records, rollups, and formula fields to calculate the status. It is a bit complicated as you cannot update an existing field with a form, only add new fields. However, it would be free. You can do a search on these forums for updating existing records using forms to get an idea of how complex it would be for your workflow.

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3

You can find pricing at https://airtable.com/pricing.

For such occasional use it makes sense to have your boss as a free read-only user for your base.

but she also needs to be able to add when a bill has been paid as i have no way of knowing when that happens. i know she can just tell me another way and i can change the drop down, but just wanted to make sure that there wasn’t an option i was missing. also,that pricing page only gives prices for the plans. I already have Pro and need to see how much it’ll be to add her.

The pricing on the webpage is per billable collaborator, so adding her as a second collaborator with write access would double your cost.

For only occasionally changing a drop-down, it doesn’t seem worth it to pay for an extra user.

A workaround for updating status would be to use a form with linked records, rollups, and formula fields to calculate the status. It is a bit complicated as you cannot update an existing field with a form, only add new fields. However, it would be free. You can do a search on these forums for updating existing records using forms to get an idea of how complex it would be for your workflow.