cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Elena_Lopez
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Dear community,

Does someone know how color a field by level of progress? For example, all tasks under 30% of completion in red, tasks between 30-60% in yellow, tasks between 60-90% in blue and tasks between 90%-100% in green?

I’m sure that is something very easy to do, but I’m new with the PRO subscription and I still learning

Thanks all!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

What do you mean you can only color by two fields? Record coloring options, as far as I’m aware, support as many fields as there are present in the table. Can you post a screenshot of your coloring settings?

See Solution in Thread

5 Replies 5

Under the record coloring options, chose “Color by condition”. Set up one color per “tier”. Your first tier would be “Where {Percent field} is greater than or equal to 90%” and set the color to green. Your next tier would be “greater than or equal to 60%”. Etc.

You can also use a formula field with emoji to indicate color

IF(
  {completion percent} < 0.3,  
  "🔴",
  IF(
    {completion percent} < 0.6,  
    "🟡",
    "🟢"
  )
)

Sometimes I use a slightly more complex version:

IF(
  {completion percent}  & "",
  IF(
    {completion percent} < 0.3,  
    "🔴",
    IF(
      {completion percent} < 0.6,  
      "🟡",
      "🟢"
    )
  )  & " " & ROUND({completion percent} * 100, 0) & "%"
)

Dear @Kamille_Parks , in color by condition I only can choose 2 fields :weary: Dear @kuovonne I tried with your suggestion but it didn’t work :upside_down_face:

What do you mean you can only color by two fields? Record coloring options, as far as I’m aware, support as many fields as there are present in the table. Can you post a screenshot of your coloring settings?

I’ve done it. However I thought that I could see the color in the % not close to the principal field…