Conditional field based on another single select field

Hello Airtable community! I need your precious help as I’ve been spending the last 2 days trying to figure this out and can’t seem to do what I want done here…

In one table I have a field name “Country” and another field right next it that’s named “States”.
I am trying to show a selected number of options in the “States” field based on what has been selected in the “Country” field.

e.g: I choose “USA” between all other countries available in the (single-select!) field “Country” and I want the field “States” to return ONLY the results corresponding to States with the USA.
So, depending on what’s selected in field “Country”, it needs to show only a few selected options in the field right next to it.
If I choose “USA”, I want the column next it to give me the 50 states (Choosing between California, Nevada, etc)
If I choose “CANADA”, I want the column next it to give me the canadian states only! etc…

I have tried creating a different table with all information included, per country and use the linking record and even tried the formulas but somehow I cannot seem to find a way to make it simple and keep going around, which becomes very frustrating…

Thank you very much for your help!!

Welcome to the community, @benoit_cerceau! :slight_smile:

What you’re looking for is a “conditional value list”.

This isn’t a feature that is built into Airtable (although I wish it was!), but you could script this process with a custom JavaScript using the scripting block.

If you’d like to use the native Airtable interface, there is one known workaround/hack to make this happen. It requires that you use a linked field as your “conditional” field:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.