Help

Connecting My API to Airtable, then to DigitalOcean?

1359 5
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rachel_Cook
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I have a simple, open-source API used by web and mobile app developers, and I want to try pushing the data the API pulls from our partner apps into Airtable (so that I can experiment with different data visualizations) while storing it in a DigitalOcean droplet.

Is there a tutorial that I’ve missed somewhere that would help me accomplish this?

Thanks!

5 Replies 5

No tutorial that I’m aware of but the climbing guide that got me safely to the summit of Mount Airtable API is @Chinara_James who has written a number of great guides in her blog - Getting Started with the Airtable API is the perfect starting point.

Chinara_James
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi Rachel,

What’s the Api that you liked to put into Airtable? I could probably write a guide of doing it and deploying it to digital ocean.

Are you build your app with nodejs + express?

Rachel_Cook

Hey @Bill.French and @Chinara_James - So nice of you to reply, thanks! I’m sorry for my response delay. We went a little viral and had a bigger new user influx than we’ve ever seen, so I was doing my best to stay on top of that. Definitely means we need to get Airtrable set up to more efficiently manage the growing userbase, even more so than before!

Chinara, the Seeds open source API is the one I want to put in Airtable. I’ve already created a DigitalOcean droplet using Fedora. But nope, we’re not building our apps with NodeJS + Express.

Doesn’t look like it will let me link to the Github repo here, but if you Google therealseeds open source Github repo you’ll find it.

If you do feel inspired to write a guide, you’re a saint! Any insight that could help me get this up-and-running ASAP would be hugely appreciated. I’ll check out Chinara’s other guides per Bill’s rec as well.

Thanks again!

Rachel,

Is this what you’re referring to?

Hey Bill - Nope, it’s in a repo for therealseeds slash open source slash partner-API.