Convert number with decimal to string

Hi,

I’m trying to convert a number to a string. I have a field called ‘Version number’, which is formatted to take two decimals. I want to use this version number in another field as a string because I’m concatenating to generate a document filename. So for e.g. if the version number field is 1.00, I’m trying to write a formula that generates a string “myfile_v1.00”. The problem I’m having is that when I use the approach suggested in the documentation, 1.00 is being converted to “1” and so I’m getting “myfile_v1”. I want to retain the decimal value in the type conversion. I suspect had the decimal part been something other than .00 it would have also been converted to string, but I want this to be the case even if the decimal part is .00

I could use some help with this.

The formula I’m using is:

{Document name}&" v"&{Version number}&""

Document name = mydocument
Version number = 1.00
Formula result = “mydocument v1”
Desired formula result = “mydocument v1.00”

Thanks.

You can use my app Ready Made Formulas to easily create a formula that will format a number as a text string with a fixed number of decimal places.

This particular formula does require a premium license. You can weight the price of the license versus the value of your time in looking for an alternative solution.

This topic was solved and automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.