cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Julia_Harrison
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi,

I’m wondering if someone can help me to automate something in my airtable base. I’m fairly new to scripting so not too sure how to do this.

We have a base that we use for project management. The base has three tables - Projects, Tasks, Task templates.

Each record in “Projects” can link to multiple records in “Tasks”. Each record in “Tasks” can only link to one record in “Projects”. Currently we have a set of template records in “Task Templates” that manually get copied across to “Tasks” and then linked to a record in “Projects”. The records in the “Task templates” have a number of fields that are already populated with standard content.

I want to create a form or a script to copy a selection of records from “tasks templates”, link these to a record in the table “Projects” and paste these in to the table “tasks”. For each different record in “Projects” we can have a different selection of “Tasks” (i.e. there isn’t a standard selection of tasks for each project).

I would really appreciate any advice about how to do this. Thank you in advance for any help!

Cheers!

1 Reply 1

Hi @Julia_Harrison,

Here is a sample script that does this. You can modify this for your needs: