620 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Filip_Chocianow
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I know that values from the Summary Bar cannot be used in formulas, but I would like to be able to at least right click and copy-paste them. Right clicking on the summary bar does nothing and left clicking only allows me to change what value is displayed.

Am I doing something wrong here? Is there perhaps some add-on that would allow that?

I am using Mac if that makes any difference.

3 Replies 3

Welcome to the community, @Filip_Chocianowicz! :grinning_face_with_big_eyes: There isn’t any way to copy text from the summary bar. An add-on might work, but I’m not familiar with add-ons that offer that behavior (they may exist, but I just don’t know what they are, so I can’t guide you more directly). You could use your browser’s developer tools (if such tools exist in your browser; most have them, though they may require activation in the settings) to find and copy the text, but that’s a cumbersome process.

Depending on your base design, you might be able to rework things to add a summary table where you could roll up the value that you want instead of relying on the summary bar.

Thank you @Justin_Barrett ! Yes, going through developer tools is not much better that typing the numbers manually. I also switch groupings and filters a lot, depending on data I need, so roll up table would not be flexible enough. I’ll browse available add-ons and see if there’s anything that may help.

You might try the Summary app. You pick a table, view, and field, and then a type of summary that you want. It displays it in the app, and you can copy it from there. As you update the view by changing filters, the app summary will also update, though if you need the summary from a specific group in that view, it won’t let you drill down that specifically.