2218 4
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mike_Shoss
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Is there a way to create a master Schema and share it.

I have a base with two tables and some views. I have a friend who wants to use it for the same thing I am BUT also wants to get updates if I make new views or formulas automatically

– Right Now–

Table 1

• Grid 1
  • Gallery 1
  • Gallery 2
  • Gallery 3

Table 2

• Grid 1

Let me know if I am missing something.

4 Replies 4

Welcome to the community, @Mike_Shoss! :grinning_face_with_big_eyes: Airtable doesn’t currently have any way of sharing schemas between bases, even via the API. That all must be done manually.

@Mike_Shoss, you might have a look at this if you haven’t seen it.

:man_facepalming:

Maybe I should just stop replying for a while. At least on topics where I’m not 100% certain of the answer.

To be clear, your remarks are 100% accurate. :winking_face: Besides, Is anything in tech really 100% certain?

I referenced a total hack - just typing that message made me puke in my mouth a little.

This is precisely why Airtable needs to embrace the idea that no single company – no single team – knows with any certainty exactly the features they should build. As such, they should create an environment that makes it possible to create new features.

This assertion is simple logic that’s based on the same philosophy that makes it possible for Airtable users to create tables with their own fields, their own field names, and data type choices. Could Airtable anticipate every user’s table structure for every use case? Of course not and no more than they could predict what users will do with API access to schemas.

With schema support in the API, including the ability to build bases, tables, and Blocks, the horizon of possibilities expands and most importantly - the human hours devoted to Airtable’s future becomes exponential.