cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gagan_Kaur
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi Team,
I am currently using the Airtable api’s in the Javascript framework for the insertion of the records.
I have created a new record and it gets saved to a view named as “Grid View”. Is there any way where we can give a parameter for the view in which we have to create a record. Like I have to create a record inside the “Published View”. Please suggest.

Also please help me in confirming if we use filterByFormula. I am using text function SEARCH(). Please confirm if this is a case sensitive. Because I am getting different records for the upper and lowercase strings.

Looking forward to hear from you.
Gaganjot Kaur

8 Replies 8

Hey there! I’m curious - What would stop you giving a record the value of “published” - Hopefully that should achieve the same thing?

Sorry @andywingrave I didnot get you. Let me explain once again. I am facing two different issues.

1. I am using filterbyFormula for fetching the records from the airtable. I am using a text function SEARCH(). I am getting different records for the upper and lowercase strings. Like if I am writing “Ada”, I am receiving different sets of response. If I am writing “ada”, I am getting some different set of response. Please let me know this is case sensitive. Is this the behaviour of the api’s.

2. I am creating a new record inside the table using javascript api. I have these different sets of views for a table

• Published view
  • Review View
  • Grid table
    Whenever I am creating a new record, it got updated inside a Grid table. I want it to create inside a Published view. I have gone through the documentation and there I have not found any separate parameter to set for this. Please suggest.

Regards,
Gaganjot Kaur

Hey Gagan,

A view is just a table with a set of conditions. So in order to add an item to a view you need to add it with those conditions. So you can’t add to a view directly, you can only add to the table, and the view conditions you’ve set up will determine if it belongs in that view.

So in short, the best way to add a record to a view is by ensuring that it meets the criteria of that view.

There’s no way to directly add to a view, without knowing the conditions of the view.

Hope that makes sense!

Hey @andywingrave Yes, Thanks for the information.
Also help me in knowing the answer of Point no. 1

Regards,
Gaganjot Kaur

Great! If this answered your question feel free to mark this as answered

@andywingrave I am still waiting to hear about this from you.

I am using filterbyFormula for fetching the records from the airtable. I am using a text function SEARCH(). I am getting different records for the upper and lowercase strings. Like if I am writing “Ada”, I am receiving different sets of response. If I am writing “ada”, I am getting some different set of response. Please let me know this is case sensitive. Is this the behaviour of the api’s.

Regards,
Gaganjot Kaur

Yes that’s correct. The SEARCH() function is case sensitive

Thanks so much @andywingrave for providing me this information. It will be helpful fo me.