Create a Schedule Based on Time

I wanted to assign a delivery timeslot to an order based on the order created time. Example, if a customer places and order after 8pm and before 12midnight, the schedule delivery will be between 8am to 11am the next day. I tried using IS_AFTER and IS_BEFORE in an IF-AND formula but it is showing a blank result. NEED HELP BADLY. Thanks

Hey there Jocille,

I think this could be done with a formula and the ‘created date’ field.

I’m not a pro when it comes to how Airtable handles dates and timezones, so this formula still needs some tweaking to get the hours just right, but I think it could get on the right path. For this to work I created a field called “Order Time”.

Using the nested ‘IF(AND’ statement is what makes this work. Remember to surround the AND conditions with (). So AND(argument 1, argument 2).

IF(AND(DATETIME_FORMAT({Order Time},‘h’)>8,DATETIME_FORMAT({Order Time},‘h’)<11),‘Between 8 and 11’,‘Outside’)

Let me know if that helps!
Paul

Thanks for this! Unfortunately, there has been some changes on the project requirement. :(((
The new task is, generate a random schedule per order, and I just found that there is no RANDOM function in Airtable.

Thanks for the help though, I’ll use this as reference to future projects.

This topic was solved and automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.