Create a "Summary" tab with concatenated data

Hello Everyone !

I’m looking to do a summary tab based on another tab.

I have this tab “Exemple 1” with some data:

And I would like a “Summary” tab to be automatically populated, based on the “Example 1” tab:

Do you have any ideas?

Thanks a lot

In your Exemple 1 table, duplicate the {Name} field, convert it to a link to another record-type field, pointing at your Summary table.

In your Summary table, convert both the {Notes} and {Status} fields into lookup-type fields.

From now on when entering data in the Exemple 1 table, fill in the link to another record field and find some other use for the {Name} column as it would now be redundant. You could turn it into an autonumber or formula-type field to give a more unique record name, for example.

2 Likes

Thanks Kamille_Parks for your answer.

I am looking for something automatic. If I add a new line “Exemple 3” in the “Exemple 1” tab, for example:

I would like the "Summary " tab (all the columns) to fill in automatically without manual action.

Do you have any idea ?

Thanks a lat

Yes, if you followed by above instructions then the Summary tab will have automatically filled in. There is functionally no difference between manually typing in “Exemple 3” in a single line text field, as you’re doing now, compared to typing it into a link to another record field.

The only manual action my solution required is providing a name, “Exemple 3”, which is the bare minimum you would need to do for any solution. All you would do is type that into a different field and the lookup fields in the Summary table take care of the rest, automatically.

This topic was solved and automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.