2649 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Christian_Chema
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello everyone - first post here for me.

I have an order table, that has 3 columns (step 1, step 2, step 2). The steps are linked to another inventory table, so everytime I create a new order, the 3 steps are automatically filled.

I would like to create 3 records in the task table, one for each step. My initial thought was to use zapier, but 1) it seems zapier only does sequential zaps, and 2) it takes the ID of the cell, since it’s linked to another one.

in a nutshell, product one is created with 3 steps (eat, pray, love). I would like it to create 3 records in the task table, where the value in action is eat, pray and love.

Any suggestion, hint, option, alternative,… would be very welcome. I am wondering what’s the best way to do it.

Thanks,
Christian

3 Replies 3
Tuur
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

I’m no Zapier expert as I have created a custom solution, but can’t you make the insert of step 1 the trigger for creating step 2, etc? Maybe you can ask @Julian_Kirkness?

If you’re interested in a custom solution you can always send me a message, as my service can do it with ease.

Hi

@Tuur - thanks for signposting me!!

This can be done quite easily with a Zap - you simply need 3 steps (one to create each record in the task table).

I’m not really sure what you mean by “2) it takes the ID of the cell, since it’s linked to another one.” so, my apologies if i’ve missed something. You could do the same with Integromat - or indeed @Tuur’s tool.

Julian

Julian, I’m having this same problem. What solution did you land on?