cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cristina_Moreno
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello,

I have a table with information and I want to share this view and the person which I share can work making changes and updating that information. Should that person compulsory have an airtable account’

Caan I work at the same time? Any change that the person update in that table will be updated in the rest of the tables which are linked?

thank you
CRistina

16 Replies 16

Hi @Cristina_Moreno,

If a person needs to update an existing record then he needs an Airtable account (unless you want to use a 3rd party service such as MiniExtensions.com)

Both of you can work on the table at the same time and you will see the changes they make as it happens, it will be framed and a small icon with their profile pic will appear beside it as they change it.

If they need to create new records only, then you can use the Form view.

Hope this helps ! If it does, please mark this as Solution so others can see it :slightly_smiling_face:

BR,
Mo

Hello Mohamed, thank you so much for your answer.

And how can I share only the first table of my workspace? If I have a a workspace with three tables and I want to share only the first one just to edit.

best
Cristina

Do you have three bases in your workspace, each with one table/tab per base?

Or do you have one base in your workspace, and that base has three tables/tabs?

In the first situation, you can share the tables independently from each other.

However, in the second situation (which is more likely), if you have a pro subscription, you can use field and table permissions to prevent edits in the other two tables. However, the other user will still be able to see and copy the data in the other tables.

Another, more expensive option is to give the other use access to your base through 3rd party extensions, such as the View Editor at MiniExtensions that @Mohamed_Swellam suggested, or through stacker.app.

I would share the first table using a View Only link with the Copy Data option turned off (this is in case you dont want them to see your data).

If you dont mind them seeing your data and they dont mind creating an account, then @kuovonne’s suggestion to give them limited permission is your way to go. But still in this case they have to be collaborators on your base and have Airtable accounts.

Hello

Thank you so much for your answer. I was refering to the second option.

I want them to edit. Do i have then the pro plan to do that???

With free plan only I can share the read only view. Am i right?

Best

Cristina Moreno

Hello

But i wany that collaborators to edit both tab. Not see only.

Best
Cristina

Cristina Moreno

In order for people to edit data, they have to be collaborators or you have to use a 3rd party integration. With a 3rd party integration, people can edit data without being Airtable collaborators.

Everyone who is a collaborator can see all the data in the base.

Everyone who is a collaborator with edit permissions can edit all records in all tables in the base, unless you have a Pro subscription and use field and table editing permissions to restrict what they can edit. The user will still be able to see all the data.

If you are on a free plan, you will be able to add someone else as a collaborator, but any collaborator will either have edit permissions for the entire table, or not edit permissions at all. On the free plan you cannot pick and choose which tables/fields a user can edit.

If a person makes changes to a linked record, those changes are reflected in the lookups and rollups in the linked table.

It looks like you will need to make some decisions:

• stay with the free plan, add the user as a collaborator with edit access, and trust that the user will not edit data that you do not want edited

• pay for a 3rd party integration (but not add the user as a collaborator) You would have ultimate control on what data the user could see and edit. However, the user would not be using the Airtable native interface.

• pay for a pro subscription. The other user could see all the data in all the tables, but you could limit editing to specific fields in specific tables.

Cristina_Moreno
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello, thank you for your help.

If i dont choose 3rd party integration. To make someone external collaborator should have them an airtable account? They should create one in any plan’

thank you
Cristina

Hello again,
with use the Form View , what do you mean? I share a form view and anything they add there it will be copied in the grield view at first place?

best
Cristina