951 4
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JasonF
5 - Automation Enthusiast

This is a tough one to describe in one sentence. Basically, I have a group of people who “sponsor” one another. There is no real hierarchy. Person A could sponsor Person B who could sponsor Person C who could Sponsor Person A. Some Sponsors might have multiple Sponsees.

So I have one field, “Name”, and another Field “Their Sponsor” that links to the Name field. So I can see each Sponsee’s Sponsor, and what I would like is a way to see each Sponsor’s Sponsees, ideally in the same table. And, ideally, when the field “Their Sponsor” is updated, the “Sponsor’s Sponsees” field is automatically updated.

Thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonathanBowen
13 - Mars
13 - Mars

Hi @JasonF - have a look at this post - you can use Airtable Automations to make reciprocal links:

See Solution in Thread

4 Replies 4
Expatica_Team
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Look at us having the exact same problem at exactly the same time.

JonathanBowen
13 - Mars
13 - Mars

Hi @JasonF - have a look at this post - you can use Airtable Automations to make reciprocal links:

Thank you, Jonathan. It looks like Automation is what I am looking for. I can’t quite work out a solution with automation (because the update record action doesn’t allowing adding to a record, only replacing), but I think that’s a subject for another thread.

JasonF

For those interested, that problem [update record action doesn’t allowing adding to a record, only replacing] has been solved :