3573 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dan_Lee
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Is there a way to calculate a rank based on the value of a field? For example, if the field is Total Sales, I can sort in descending order by this field, but can I create a formula that gives me the rank of each person in another field?

3 Replies 3
William_Dunn
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I am guessing based on zero responses, that this is not possible. I am looking for a similar solution in that I want to rank by grouping e.g. I have 20 people with an overall total for a field entitled CUMM of 1000, with the data set grouped by the PACKAGE field/column.

I am looking to rank by subtotal of the field CUMM for each change in PACKAGE, but cannot find anything currently that will accomplish this.

Brandi_Bullock
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I’m hoping someone has figured out a workaround to do this as well. I found this great workaround for creating sequential numbering, so I’m thinking something similar will be possible!

katables
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Just requested access to that base @Brandi_Bullock - I’m looking to do the same thing. The ‘large(, n)’ function in GSheets does what I want (returns the n’th largest value within the set). Hoping that some combination of your sequential numbering approach and basic ‘>’ operators will do it (I’ll take field sprawl over manual work :slightly_smiling_face: ).