1340 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hilary_Royce
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I am new to Airtable but am very familiar with MS Access and other relational DBs, but am having a hard time joining two tables on an ID column. I’ve gone through the tutorials provided by Airtable but still it is not making sense.

Is it possible to simply create a view to include all data from two tables, by joining on the ID column that is identical in both tables?

3 Replies 3

Hi Hilary, and welcome to the community!

Ha! Precisely why Airtable needs a SQL engine. :winking_face:

@Eric_Goldman might have some thoughts to add.

There’s also this solution which is sort’a in your target zone. Its mere existence suggests there are not many (if any) ways to get you what you want with native Airtable features.

There may be other workarounds to get you there but well above my pay-grade.

Thanks Bill. I really can’t believe there isn’t a simple way to do this without having to manually cut and paste records together to make my target view. Maybe I’ll just go back to MS Access and export the tables there to create the report… :confused:

Indeed. I feel your pain. But I recommend leaving Access in the past. Allow a few more experts in the community to weigh in before calling time-of-death.

I have many clients who have me use the API to request data, reshape it (in Google Apps Script) and produce reporting automation. But, I suspect there are ways to get you close using some free automated processes or roll-ups and views.

Have you looked at the Pivot Table app? I think it’s limited to a single table, but I could be wrong about this.

UPDATE: Relevant?