1837 11
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brandon_Wood
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I am using the CRM template table to build my contact database. I have 2 tables in this base for contacts; 1 is the default and the other is the one I am creating. I am trying to link the multiple contacts to each company. In the default contact table, this linking is working fine. In my table, it is not working and I copied the default table’s settings for this column exact. Any idea what I am doing incorrectly?

11 Replies 11
Brandon_Wood
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Here are some screenshots. These tables are both in the same base and using columns are using the same rules. However, the table I created isn’t pulling the data over from my contact table.

For some reason I cannot figure out how to post images in a post. I keep getting errors.

Hi Brandon,

The reason you cannot post screenshots is because you have to get the Basic badge first. You can get it by reading other threads.

As for your issue with the table, you should have at least 2 tables, one for Contacts (includes Contacts, Company, etc.) and one for Companies (includes the company name and whatever data you need). You then link the Field (column) with the Company name in the Contacts Table to the Company table. If both names are exactly the same, it will link automatically. If not, it will create a new record with a new company name in the Company table. If I understand correctly, you dont have a Company table, you can creat one by easily going to the Contacts table, choose the Company field, Link field to a new table, it will creat one for you and the contacts will be linked automatically as well.

Mohammed, thank you for the response. I do have a table for companies, opportunities (pipeline quotations and sales), and Contacts. I imported a table for the companies and there is also a default company table in this template base. My imported table for companies and the default company table have the identical company names as the primary column. However, only the default will link the people linked to each company from the contacts table. I have the exact same set up for linking contacts in both tables but for a reason I cannot figure out my table is not pulling the people over from the contact table. Any other suggestions?

Hi Brandon,

Please send me screenshots on my email so I can understand what is wrong.

Mohamedswellam@hotmail.com

Hi Mohamed,

Just sent you screenshots with comments

Hi Brandon,

The reason your table is not pulling the data is because the Field ‘Accounts’ in the Contacts table is not linked to the ‘Accounts’ table like it is in the Template, it appears to be a Text field. First, link this field to the Accounts table (instead of Accounts1) and it should work.

Let me know if it works.

Hi Mohamed,

I did what you mentioned, linked the field “accounts” in the Contacts table but the field “contacts” in the Account table still is not updating

Hi Brandon,

I think the best thing to do is to duplicate your base and delete your info then send me a link to edit this empty base to know what’s wrong. If both fields are linked to the respective tables they should work, the only reason I can think of is the Account name is not the same in both tables, but this will only make it creat a new account name and link the contacts.