11441 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Darryl_Oliver
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

The CSV Import app will merge records from a CSV file with existing matching records and create new records in the target table. As far as I know, it’s not possible to merge/update only without adding new records. Am I missing something?

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

As far as I know, there is no native way to do what you want to do.

The quickest & easiest way to handle this might be to simply delete the extra records after you have imported them.

Alternatively, I believe that you can write a custom JavaScript to handle this for you.

Otherwise, for a no-code/low-code way of automating this process, I would recommend using Integromat to process your CSV files for you. After you setup your automation in Integromat, you would simply drop your CSV file into a cloud folder of your choice, and Integromat would process each row of your CSV file. It would update any matching records in Airtable, while skipping any non-existing records in Airtable.

p.s. If you have a budget for this project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant & Registered Integromat Partner to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website at ScottWorld.com. The Integromat link above contains my personal referral code.

See Solution in Thread

1 Reply 1
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

As far as I know, there is no native way to do what you want to do.

The quickest & easiest way to handle this might be to simply delete the extra records after you have imported them.

Alternatively, I believe that you can write a custom JavaScript to handle this for you.

Otherwise, for a no-code/low-code way of automating this process, I would recommend using Integromat to process your CSV files for you. After you setup your automation in Integromat, you would simply drop your CSV file into a cloud folder of your choice, and Integromat would process each row of your CSV file. It would update any matching records in Airtable, while skipping any non-existing records in Airtable.

p.s. If you have a budget for this project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant & Registered Integromat Partner to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website at ScottWorld.com. The Integromat link above contains my personal referral code.