Help

Custom keyboard shortcuts for quick actions: how to make?

1292 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Julia_Kulgavchu
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Has anyone tried making custom keyboard shortcuts for Airtable? For example, to make an action like this: ‘apply a specific tag from single select field and move the focus to the next text field’.
I’m wondering what could be potential approaches to achieve this.

3 Replies 3

Airtable doesn’t natively give you this control, but you MIGHT have some luck by turning on the Accessibility features of your operating system, or by using a custom macro app like Keyboard Maestro.

I use TextExpander, though very rarely in Airtable itself because I seldom do similar sequences of actions/entries. Even though it does have a few features for certain UI operations, it’s geared more toward text replacement.

@ScottWorld Thanks for the tip about Keyboard Maestro! That definitely looks intriguing, mainly because of all the features it has beyond basic text replacement. I just might switch…

You’re welcome, @Justin_Barrett! :slightly_smiling_face:

You might also enjoy exploring Typinator, which is very similar to TextExpander, but more advanced & cheaper & no monthly subscription.

I actually use these 3 time-saving keyboard tools on my Mac:

Keyboard Maestro
Typinator
LaunchBar

There is definitely some overlap between these tools, so all 3 are definitely not necessary.

And while we’re talking about Mac time-savers, I’m also a big fan of:

BusyCal
MailSuite Plug-Ins for Apple Mail
Default Folder