6369 6
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alicia_fleri
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I created a contact list and when I try to sort all the data disappears. There are no filters on and I’ve deleted and added this same list to a new base and still the problem persists. The other table on that same base seems to work fine.

Thanks in advance for your help.

6 Replies 6

Are you sure you’re not accidentally applying a filter rather than sorting?

Can you make a screen recording of it happening?

That almost sounds like someone asking if my computer is on. Yes I’ve verified that I am in fact sorting, not filtering. Here are screen shots from a video I took of it. I used both the sort from the column as well as sort in the menu.Screen Shot 2018-05-22 at 8.07.13 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-05-22 at 8.07.27 PM.png

I’m very sorry, @alicia_fleri, I did not mean to offend. It was just such a strange issue you described that I could not conceive of what else could be the cause of it. Seeing your screenshots, though, I think I have an idea.

You have over 1000 records in that table, and when you sort by “Organization A-Z”, it will always put records that have a blank field for “Organization” first in the list. It may be the case that you have a whole bunch of completely blank records that are being sorted to the top of the list when you sort by “Organization”. Try sorting by “Organization Z-A” - does anything show then?

You could also try Grouping by “Organization” and then collapsing the groups to see if the “blank” group has a significant amount of records in it.

If this does not turn out to be the issue, then you may be experiencing a very strange bug!

That was it. I had not noticed the # of records until you mentioned it above. After scanning down a few hundred rows yesterday I just assumed the data was missing. The import must have brought in the extra 900+ empty rows.

Thank you!

Glad it was something easily fixable - and again, sorry to have offended you! It was not intended.