Data Pull/Rollup

I have a base and a table that tracks a list of classes by title, also showing date and assigned faculty. I need a list organized by faculty showing which classes they have each taught in the past. The assigned faculty is a linked record field that pulls faculty names from another table. This at least gives me a list organized by faculty. But, when showing the courses they teach, it shows every instance of a course taught, which may result in too many duplicates. For example, if John Smith teaches Class A 20 times in a year, Class B 5 times in a year and Class C 3 times in a year, I just need a list showing John Smith teaching 3 classes, not 28. How can I eliminate those 25 duplicates and just get a list of each unique course title taught be a faculty? So far, I have just exported to Excel and manually removed duplicates. But, this is a time consuming way to run a report regularly. Any help is very much appreciated!

Hi Jessica, from what I understand, this would be a solution: Class A - C should get a dedicated table and the assigned faculty is linked to that table. Individual classes are then linked to the table with Class A - C (and you could have a lookup to pull to, for instance, see the same faculty member also in that “individual class” table).

Does that help you?

Cheers,
Rupert

This topic was solved and automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.