990 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Laurence_Lagae
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I created a formula to add 3 weeks to a date that I capture elsewhere in my table, and added an IF blank statement, so if there is no date it won’t show anything:

IF({Date Intake Completed}=BLANK(),0,DATEADD({Date Intake Completed},21,‘days’))

The formula is working, but the output format is not what I’d like: 2021-05-19T00:00:00.000Z, I would prefer 05-19-2021, or something like that.

When I try to change the format though, I get this message: Your result type is not a number or a date. Formatting options are currently only available if your result type is a number or a date.

The output is a date, so I am not sure why I am not given the option to update the format.

Appreciate any help! I am new to Airtable and this is my 1st formula, so hoping I can get it working.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chris-T
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi Laurence. The problem is that your IF statement can return a 0 or a date. All you have to do is rearrange your logic in the IF like

IF({Date Intake Completed}, DATEADD({Date Intake Completed},21,‘days’))

This formula says that if {Date Intake Completed} is not empty, then return your new date, otherwise return nothing. This should allow you to go into the formatting tab and do away with the time part of the date/time.

Good luck!

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
Chris-T
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi Laurence. The problem is that your IF statement can return a 0 or a date. All you have to do is rearrange your logic in the IF like

IF({Date Intake Completed}, DATEADD({Date Intake Completed},21,‘days’))

This formula says that if {Date Intake Completed} is not empty, then return your new date, otherwise return nothing. This should allow you to go into the formatting tab and do away with the time part of the date/time.

Good luck!

That worked, thank you!