Date range; group by month

So I have a bunch of projects, in excess of 15. Most of them run for 3-6 months at a time. I want to be able to track gear used on projects and see how much gear I need on upcoming projects. If I enter a new project I enter the start and end date. I use a Gantt to see a global timeline of all my projects, which is nice, but I want to be able to basically go, lets check on November, see how many projects we have, how much gear/operators we may need. The problem is as I have many overlapping projects in November, and only a Start/End date…how do I basically be able to group by month? I tried to create hidden fields for each month, and a formula to determine if the date range for a project included that month, and if it did then I could at least easily count the projects I have for a given month, but certainly there has to be an easier way to do this…? Maybe I’m just overthinking?

This topic was solved and automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.