cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Walter_Cargill
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello,
I am trying to do a simple DATEADD function. Add X number of days to Y date. I have a date formatted column and an integer number column. The formula column has this formula in it: DATEADD({Last PM},{Interval},’days’). I’ve tried every variation of the DATEADD function that I could think of, and nothing works.

I’m getting this error: “Sorry, there was a problem saving this field. Invalid formula. Please check your formula text.”

I can use the WORKDAY() function, without an issue. But this isn’t what I need.

Not sure what I’m doing wrong. Thoughts?

1 Reply 1

Hi @Walter_Cargill,

There doesn’t appear to be anything wrong with the way you are formatting the DATEADD() function itself, but there are a couple other usual suspects we can take a look at. Check to make sure that:

1. The {Last PM} field is in fact holding a “Date” data type, and not a string (if the field is directly a “Date” field type, or if the field options menu has a “format” tab that gives you “Date” formatting, then it’s a “Date” data type)
  2. You don’t have any “smart quotes” in your formula; the Airtable formula editor doesn’t accept “smart” or “curly” quotes (like the ones you see around my formatted words here) - it only likes “dumb” or “straight” quotes, like this: " or this: '. Often when copy-pasting a formula out of the forums or some other “formatted text” medium, you end up with quotes of the “smart” variety instead of the straight ones that the formula editor will accept