1933 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kellie_Parker
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi, I am very new to Airtable. I am doing social media for a non-profit organization, so I am using the Social Media Calendar base. I am having a very hard time with the calendar. The default template had 2018 and 2019 holidays, and I figured out how to make them display 2020 holidays. What I cannot figure out is how to display the 2021 dates for holidays that change. The formula appears to just be adding one year to the original date (looks like it was built for birthdays and then co-opted into all holidays?) and I cannot seem to change that to account for variable holidays. Ideally I would just type in the 2021 date and it would display on the 2021 calendar in the correct place.

Thank you in advance for your help! Dates of Changing Holidays

3 Replies 3

Unfortunately, there is no way to create formulas that would enable you to keep up with the changing dates of holidays every year.

What you would need to do is find an .ics file somewhere on the Internet that has the list of holidays that you’re looking for, and then import them into Airtable using the calendar import block.

I just found an .ics file that has all the U.S. Holidays here:
https://www.fastertechnologies.com/us-government-holidays-ics.html

Thanks for answering! I am ok with not having a formula to calculate the dates as I know there’s really no good way to do that as they are all based on different things. But it seems like it should be possible to have a field where I enter the date that holiday falls on for the year and have it display in the calendar view on the right date. But I can’t seem to figure out how to do this.

You would need to create a new record for each date that you want to appear on the calendar.

Your Airtable calendar is not a separate entity from your database records — your calendar ACTUALLY IS your database records. It’s simply another way of looking at your existing database records.

Airtable is not an actual calendar program, so it will only display records on your calendar that pull from your table.

Alternatively, if you’d rather use your own calendar app that already displays holidays — such as BusyCal for Mac (which is the absolutely amazing calendar app that I use) — you can just subscribe to your Airtable calendar from within BusyCal.

Then, you can get everything you want within one calendar app: your holidays, your Airtable records, and all the advanced calendar functionality that you would ever need.