17686 12
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Roseann_Marulli
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

We have a field for Calendar Date. Is there a way to have the day of the week (Monday, Tuesday, etc.) that corresponds to that calendar date autopopulate in another field?

12 Replies 12
Alex_Wolfe
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

The formula below should work (I’m using it currently):

DATETIME_FORMAT({INSERT YOUR DATE FIELD NAME HERE},‘dddd’)

Let me know if not!

Hmm, I did something wrong…

Screen Shot 2018-03-01 at 11.26.21 AM.png

Hmm, I just retested this in my base and it worked. Try reloading the base or creating a new formula field from scratch and calling it something different (you can change the name later) and see if either of those things help.

If not, maybe contact support@airtable.com because I’m not sure why it’s not working for you.

Example of my most recent test formula vs. yours:
DATETIME_FORMAT({Day},‘dddd’)
DATETIME_FORMAT({Date},‘dddd’)

Thanks! I definitely will.

Replace the ‘curly quotes’ (like the ones around the words ‘curly quotes’) with straight quotes (’''’) — just overtype them. You presumably copy-and-pasted the formula from this forum, and the forum software prettifies quotation marks.

Or copy and paste the following, which has been formatted to include the correct form of quote:

DATETIME_FORMAT({Date},'dddd')

That did it! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! It was driving me crazy, lol. Such an easy fix, yes!!

Oh wow good to know! Of course it was something so small… :grinning_face_with_sweat:

I love an easy fix!! :smiling_face_with_sunglasses:

You can put the forum into code mode three different ways; text displayed as ‘code’ doesn’t have ‘prettified’ quotes.

1. To tag a word or a phrase, precede and follow it with a back-tick character (’`’). Doing so will prevent the conversion of straight quotes into 'curly quotes'. (On US keyboards, the back-tick is to the left of the [!/1] key; it’s the unshifted tilde (’~’). On international keyboards it is known as the grave accent and is often found to the left of the Return key. In such cases it’s usually a dead key, so to enter it as a character one uses the two-stroke sequence of ` + Spacebar.)

2. An entire line of text can be flagged as code by

preceding it with 4 space characters. (Unless it also needs to be
    indented, like these examples; in that case it takes 7 spaces.)
    Like all code-format methods, it disables 'curly quotes'.

3. Longer code segments can be preceded and followed by a line containing 3 back-ticks by themselves — like so: ```

Code tagged in such a manner
    also retains indentation
        and is
    formatted in such a way as to
        highlight 'language features'