1306 6
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kathleen_James
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I deleted a couple of records from my inventory base (on purpose). Then I accidentally deleted a whole field. When I go to my Trash it says nothing has been deleted for 7 days. That’s not true. There should be two or three records AND the entire multiple-choice field in there. What do I do?

6 Replies 6

Welcome to the Airtable community!

Is it possible that the records and fields are simply hidden?
Try creating a new view that shows all records and all fields.

You can also look to see if there is a recent snapshot that you can restore.

Could someone else have emptied the trash?

asymulko
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello. I know this was over a year ago, but did you ever find a solution to this problem? I'm having the exact same issue of items I know I deleted not being in the trash.

alfrench
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I also have this issue -- I have Creator permissions, and I deleted a base just this morning and have deleted other bases recently, but there is nothing in the Trash, so I can't restore them!! It's simply not true that nothing has been deleted in the last 7 days.Screenshot 2023-10-21 at 12.52.23 PM.png

halcykon
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I also have the same issue. I can't find tables that I just deleted. nothing shows up in the trash.

Hello. I hope this helps; there are two separate trash locations—one within the base and one within the workspace. My issue was that I was looking in the wrong place for the deleted items. On the screenshot you posted, there is a link to "base trash" which is a separate location that may have the deleted items you're looking for.

alfrench
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Thanks for the reply, @amasym! Both the "base trash" and "workspace trash" links in the screenshot I posted go to the help page https://support.airtable.com/docs/base-trash, which still just gives the instructions to "Click your profile icon in top-right corner, then select Trash." When I do that, I'm in the workspace trash, which is where I took the screenshot, and which should be correct, since I was specifically looking for a deleted base. No idea! I asked the workspace owner to check her trash too, and she too didn't see anything in her trash. Baffling.