1704 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mieke_D
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I am using on iPad and cannot figure out how to delete multiple records. All online resources suggest selecting multiple and then “right clicking” to delete the record, but without a right click function on my iPad touch screen (nor my Bluetooth keyboard) I am unable to do so. My only option is to expand each record, scroll to the bottom, and click the “delete record” button there, but it is far too time consuming.

Is this possible? Or is this a feature AirTable has yet to fix?

2 Replies 2
M_k
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

Hi @Mieke_D

I use an iPad, but there is no function to allow you to easily delete records, except how you were describing, by scrolling to the bottom of the record.

If you want to easily delete records, you will need to use the desktop version. It seems the instructions were for the decktop version.

Now, having said that, there might be another way, but I don’t know how well it will work. You can open up Airtable in Safari and up at the top, in the search window, to the far right in the window, you can continuously press the circle, with an arrow at one end. Then an option will allow you to open the program as a desktop version, select that, and it will look the same as a desktop version, then select the records you want to delete, but, it’s hard to say how it will work on your device.

Hope it helps.

Mary K

As @M_k says, the behavior you see is how the iPad app has been designed. It’s not designed to be a direct match for the desktop app. “A feature AirTable has yet to fix” implies that it’s broken—not working as intended—which doesn’t appear to be the case here. If you have a suggestion on how the design could improve, I suggest making a post in the Product Suggestions category.