10080 4
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Darren_Clasby
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I’m creating some forms and would like to be able to have the ‘Client’ field as a drop down so that the client name can be selected instead of typed in to avoid any errors. Is it possible to do that?

4 Replies 4

How many Clients do you want to have in the list?

If it’s only a few and they are relatively static, add them to a “Single Select” field and show the “Single Select” field in the form. Then the user must choose one of the options from the “Single Select” field.

If there are many, and you frequently add new ones, make a new table for all your Clients. Then in whatever table you have your form in, create a “Linked Records” field that links to “Clients”, and show that “Linked Records” field in your form. Your users will see a searchable list of all the entries in your Clients table (they won’t be able to see any other data in that table, only the “Name”, or whatever else you title the Primary Field).

Darren_Clasby

Got it, thanks!

It’ll be a number of clients, but also I’d be looking to add a few lookup fields so I basically need to plan this properly :slightly_smiling_face:

Jonathan_Zepeda
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

This was such a revealing post, I felt I re-discovered fire once I saw how I could link items between tables :scream: you’ve earned 100000000000000 stars :star2: @Jeremy_Oglesby

@Jonathan_Zepeda,

Linking records is the key feature of usefulness in Airtable - it’s what makes it a relational database, rather than just a spreadsheet.

You should check out these articles in the documentation:

5f73751092c6afb3485d0dfe997b3809227f5002.png

Linked record fields

A linked record field allows you to represent the relationships between related records by creating links between them. This is particularly helpful when you have multiple tables of related items o...