Help

Editing Existing Airtable Form Submission?

Topic Labels: Views
4586 4
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ronald_AngSiy
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I was just wondering if there was a way for an airtable form submission to be edit-able. It’s annoying how everytime a form is submitted it shows up as a new entry when someone perhaps wants to go back and revise an existing form entry. I know Google forms has this. Is there any way for Airtable to do this?

4 Replies 4

No, unfortunately. Forms can only create new records in AirTable, you can’t edit existing records (form submissions) using a form.

I think in order to do this you would need an integration with either Zappier or Integromat and another wbeform service that pushes values into AirTable, instead of using an AirTable-made form. Its really inconvenient for users and I can only hope that feature will be added in the future.

Zachariah_Kral

Agreed - the ability to edit a single record using a form (using a record ID) would be extremely helpful.

Moe
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

We created a tool that allows you to use Airtable Form to edit existing records. It does so without leaving a trace of the form submissions. It all happens behind the scenes automatically.

Edit Existing Records with Airtable Forms

f0spec
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

There is a way to do it with Make/Integromat/Zapier by creating an extra tab (where records will be auto deleted after processing) in addition to a prefilled link.

Step 1 - User fills the form (table must have a unique record ID using the autonumber field)
Step 2 - Shoot an automatic mail with a new, identical form layout on another table (with prefilled values) using a script (webhook)
Step 3 - When user wants to click on the link to edit the form, he changes the required fields (with a field having the unique ID, you can add a message to ask to avoid modifying it)
Step 4 - a new record is created on the Table '2'
Step 5 - When new record created on table 2, sync values with table 1 using the ID
Step 6 - Delete record on Table 2 automatically using make/integromat/zapier by searching for table's '1' unique ID on table 2(or every x days at 23.59 PM, easier but more risky)