Editing Existing Airtable Form Submission?

I was just wondering if there was a way for an airtable form submission to be edit-able. It’s annoying how everytime a form is submitted it shows up as a new entry when someone perhaps wants to go back and revise an existing form entry. I know Google forms has this. Is there any way for Airtable to do this?

2 Likes

No, unfortunately. Forms can only create new records in AirTable, you can’t edit existing records (form submissions) using a form.

I think in order to do this you would need an integration with either Zappier or Integromat and another wbeform service that pushes values into AirTable, instead of using an AirTable-made form. Its really inconvenient for users and I can only hope that feature will be added in the future.

3 Likes

Agreed - the ability to edit a single record using a form (using a record ID) would be extremely helpful.

4 Likes

We created a tool that allows you to use Airtable Form to edit existing records. It does so without leaving a trace of the form submissions. It all happens behind the scenes automatically.

Edit Existing Records with Airtable Forms

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.