Embed/Share individual blocks

Can blocks be published to a web page like the tables can?

Embedding Blocks on Website. Possible?
Sharing Blocks on Website
The official launch of Airtable Blocks

When creating a base share link or embedding a base, you should now be able to see a toggle that says “Show blocks added to this base,” which you can turn on if you want to make your blocks visible in your base share link/embed.

What would be cool would to be able to publish just the page of blocks (and ideally be able to have more than 1 set of blocks.

suggest it say, “Show Blocks added to this base” (capital B)

I’ve been using Blocks in beta (the page designer, chart, summary and countdown blocks, at least) and I think it is terrific. But as @Julian_Kirkness suggest above, its utility would be greatly enhanced if an individual block or block-set could be published or at least individually embedded (as we can with forms). With minimal html skills we could create different views of blocks for different users/groups. I find the current block interface very good for block creation, but not very useful for publishing, sharing or displaying information for clients and colleagues.

I’m on the pro plan, but I do not see the ‘show block’ option.

Hey Mark, I believe you’re clicking on the wrong button. This one is the right one

Hope this helps. I also faced the same thing, and then rechecked and found this.

Is it possible to embed the Blocks view when sharing a view on my website?..it appears the embedded code just shows the regular view without the Blocks…

You can’t share the view. You have to share the whole base…it’s a pain. @Mark_Watabe

Adding another voice to say it would be great if we could embed blocks into websites. We’ve created a map using spreadsheet data which is great but not being able to showcase that map on our website is annoying.

Yes, being able to embed blocks would be great.

I’m adding another vote for sharing individual blocks - especially map view.

Yes, me too, I need to share a Block (map) and a spreadsheet with clients, but cannot share the entire Base - so am stuck too. Upvote for this one… soon please!

Sounds like I’m not alone…thought I had the perfect block built for our website, but it’s not usable once the base is embedded…even the ability to alter the size of the block once embedded would be useful…

Is it possible to share just the blocks when embedding on a website…or alter the view before publishing? I have a 8.5 x 11 page built in blocks that looks perfect in edit mode, but once published it can’t be read…it’s simply too small…is there any workaround?

I’d love to be able to embed a single Block on my site as well! This would open up many possibilities for us to use as “widgets” on our site, for our clients to view.

Is there a release date programmed for this funcionality? (Embedding single blocks)

Hi everyone! A beta version of this feature is coming very soon. If you’re interested in getting on the list for beta access, please sign up here.

Any way to share a pivot table block?

The data in my projects is location based (street addresses) so of course I wanted to display the data as a map. The set isn’t very large, fewer than 200 records. I’ve searched for days for ways to 1) embed Airtable map block (I’m on Pro plan), 2) map records on the fly using leaflet or similar framework and API calls to Airtable for data. I’m not much of a programmer so that was not successful. A third problem is that Airtable triggers only new records, not edited records so Zapier zaps wouldn’t work.

I finally found success using only Airtable and Google accounts:

1. Login to your Google Drive account and create a new sheet (in a subdirectory if you wish). Install the free Airtable Importer by Railsware add-on.
  2. Activate it and connect to your Airtable account. You can select a specific view, and then you set the frequency at which your airtable view gets copied to the Google sheet. (This overwrites the sheet contents every time, so it captures new records and edited records.)
  3. Go to Google MyMaps and create a new map. Select the Google Sheet you just exported from Airtable as the data source. Placemarks can be based on lat/long or address information. I chose lat/long so that I could make corrections for poorly located street address geocoding in my source Airtable database.
  4. Stylize and categorize your data as possible within Google MyMap.
  5. Publish / share the map.

Several times daily the map of my cases are updated as various users make additions or edits to my Airtable database! Due to the low volume, all of this can be done with free accounts of these services.

FOLLOW-UP: This didn’t work. While Airtable data is automatically pushed to a Google Sheet, the data from that new sheet isn’t automatically pushed to the Google MyMap. Thus, the map itself does not automatically update. I’ll have to manually login to my Google account and refresh the “mymap” with new data periodically. Bummer.

Thanks for sharing, @James_Taylor! This looks like an interesting solution.