Embedding a checklist

I have a checklist that i want to appear in each new record and would like for that checklist to be used individually from the other records. Could someone guide me on this please?

Isn’t it possible to simply add the checks as fields (since you want them for each record anyway)?

Yes but as it is the same checklist for each field I was hoping to be able to have it already there with each new record.

I think that’s what @Tuur was getting at.

Let’s say you have these checklist items:

• Do this.
  • Do that.
  • Do these.
  • Do those.

And you want every record in your Things to Do table to have that same checklist when it is made, then simply make each one of those things a field(column) of the “Checkbox” type. And if the names of the checklist items are too long (ie, a sentence describing what needs to be done), you could put that information in a description box that is only showed on mouseover.

Like this:

I was thinking of an attached checklist. Could an attachment be pre-attached to new records? My apologies for the lack of quality explanation.

No, not with Airtable’s native functionality. This could be done using integration with Zapier, which could be used to automatically propagate content into the cells of newly created records - I don’t know about file-uploads though - never tried that.

If you have somewhere you could host the file (I’m assuming it’s something like a PDF) - say Dropbox or Onedrive - and you had a share link for it, you could create a “Single Line Text” field with “Default Text” of the share-url like this:

And it will fill that box in each new record with a clickable URL to the file:

Outside of that, you’d have to turn to third party integrations like Zapier or Integromat.

There are a couple things I know of that you could do only if everyone using your Airtable base is using it on Mac and iOS - so if that is the case let me know and I can elaborate on that.