cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alba_Machado2
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hi Airtable Friend,

I inherited my dad’s small bookselling business (26,000 books) and have been organizing his records into an Airtable base. Jumping ahead, I started googling how to embed a table view of this base onto a website and I can’t find anything that explains how to make this embed searchable and filterable. Potential customers aren’t going to want to scroll through 26,000 book records to find books they want.

Any guidance and/or resources would be much appreciated because, without this, I’m afraid all the time I’ve already spent on this Airtable base has been wasted. I do have the paid version, in case that opens up more relevant possibilities.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can point me in the right direction!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jeremy_Oglesby
14 - Jupiter
14 - Jupiter

The embedded table can definitely have sort, filter, group, and search options. Just use the “Share” menu for your table/view and select the “Embed this …” option:
CleanShot 2020-10-19 at 15.09.25

That will take you to an external webpage where they give you a preview of what it will look like for your users, in addition to the embed iframe code you need. You’ll see that you can choose to have the sort, filter, and group options hidden if you want – but by default, your users will be able to use all of those to view your books as they’d like:
CleanShot 2020-10-19 at 15.09.38

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
Jeremy_Oglesby
14 - Jupiter
14 - Jupiter

The embedded table can definitely have sort, filter, group, and search options. Just use the “Share” menu for your table/view and select the “Embed this …” option:
CleanShot 2020-10-19 at 15.09.25

That will take you to an external webpage where they give you a preview of what it will look like for your users, in addition to the embed iframe code you need. You’ll see that you can choose to have the sort, filter, and group options hidden if you want – but by default, your users will be able to use all of those to view your books as they’d like:
CleanShot 2020-10-19 at 15.09.38

Thanks, Jeremy! I can’t use your instructions until I’m finished setting up the table/view, but I’m relieved to know my work is not for nothing and I’ll be able to cross that bridge when I come to it.