I’m looking for advice on setting up an event registration portal. We have a series of 8 classes, each of which have a particular capacity. Each applicant is welcome to sign up for multiple classes. We’d like to also track waitlisted applicants - registrations that happen after a class is full - so they can be registered if a spot opens up.
- A way to view each a list of people registered for each class
- A way to view all people, with information on their registrations, a way to keep track of payments received (happening outside of Airtable).
- A way to see people who have waitlisted for a class by date added, so they can be registered if spots open up.
- A signup form, where people can register with their personal information and choose from all open classes. We’d prefer to do this in one form, where they can choose from a multi-select field, but if that’s more difficult I think it would work to do this as one form submission per signup. I do have access to miniextensions, if that helps.
- A way to contact registrants at regular intervals with “amount due” invoice messages
My current thinking is that this could be done with two tables: Courses and Contacts, where Contacts has a linked field that’s a multiselect of Course names. To handle the waitlist, I plan on making duplicate “WAITLIST” courses in the Courses table - when the regular courses fill up, they will deactivate and an admin can make the WAITLIST versions appear in the form instead.
Is there any reason that I should look into a three table solution (with a junction table joining the two)? Any other advice is appreciated as well.