Event Schedule and employee availability

I have no idea where to start on a formula for this. :stuck_out_tongue:

What I would like to accomplish is for Airtable to compare two start times and two end times and tell me which of them matches up.

One start/end time would be for an event or concert, and the second would be for employee availability.

I want to know if an employee has a start/end time that overlaps an events start/end time. If the two times match I would like Airtable to tell me which employees are available during that event or concert.

I have two tables, one table is for the event and its information then other table is for keeping track of employees available time.

Table 1: is for events and projects. It has a column that has a start time and end time.

Table 2: is for employee availability. It also has a column for start time and end time as well.

What formula should I start building out. Should I combine the tables together to make it easier? Any suggestions to get me headed in the right direction or if you know a solution. I would love to hear it.

We have a large team, getting this to work would help out a ton. It would be helpful because then those who are available to work could get notified when a project fits their schedule or our project manager could reach out directly to them.

This topic was solved and automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.