1480 5
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Margaret_Picker
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I find the Grouped view of tables very useful, but need to be able to get the data into Excel format for my board of directors. Is there any way of doing this without downloading the whole, increasingly large, table?

5 Replies 5
Adam_Minich
Airtable Employee
Airtable Employee

Hi @Margaret_Pickering,

Adam from Airtable here!

I think the key to this would be to make a new view and use filters to only show records that pertain to a certain value of your choice.

I think those two articles should get you pointed in the right direction. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks for reply - but I am after the summary totals though, the ones you get for each group when you use the group function. See below. Very useful as I can switch from Average, Sum, Unique values very flexibly and group by different fields. Much better than having to put in Calculation/Function fields for each field I want to add up.

I down load to Excel and use Pivot tables at present.

image.png

Margaret

Ahh, the summary bar!

Summary bar values (whether from another table or the same table) can’t be referenced by Airtable records. Summary values are a type of metadata not currently accessible by record-level formulas. A workaround that satisfies certain uses would be to link a record in Table B to all records in this summarized Table A. (The fill handle will make it very easy to add this record to all records in Table A.) Then add a rollup field in Table B to generate the equivalent of the summary bar value, which you can now reference within that record as a field value.

Again, there isn’t a way for summary bar (or app) totals from one table to be referenced in another table, unless you link to all Table A’s records in one record in Table B and use a rollup field (which would admittedly be pretty cumbersome / tedious, in most cases). This is functionality we are aware would be helpful and are considering for future improvements. Apologies for the inconvenience caused by this present limitation!

Thanks anyway. A great enhancement would be enabling download of just the meta data.

Margare

Thomas991
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Yes this would be a very useful feature!