2864 4
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sam_Houston
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I’m a pro wildlife photographer and am trying to use AirTable to keep track of my photos and associated info.
Can I export a record?
If so, how?
Can it include the info plus the photo?
What formats can it be exported as?

4 Replies 4

There are a couple ways a record could be exported.

One is through the simple “ :e-mail: Send record…” interface, which allows you to email a record with all its fields (or you can choose to hide chosen fields by hiding them in the view) in either a list style, or a table style layout. This will include an embedded image that is located in an “Attachment” field.

A second option is to use the “Pro” feature called Blocks - there is a “Page Designer” Block that allows you to design a layout using the fields of a table, on a page size of your choosing - it looks like this while designing, and has a drag-and-drop interface:
image.png

The resulting design will put each record into the same format, and the records can be searched or cycled through using the menu you see at the top there. You can then print, export as PDF, or present each record as a sort of slide (presentation mode):

My records do not include photos, but if you added an Attachment field that had a photo in it to a design, it would pull the photo into the page, so you could design a layout with the photo and any information in fields you would want to add.

A third option is to work with the API and export data to a third-party reporting or formatting service or custom web application. That requires some expertise in working with API’s - but on the other side of it, the possibilities are endless.

I have the attachment with the photo.
How do I get to the designer?

You have to have a “Pro” subscription on your workspace. If you do, you can access the blocks with the button of the same name in the top right corner:
Screen Shot 2018-04-30 at 9.49.51 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-04-30 at 9.53.46 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-04-30 at 9.55.34 PM.jpg

Great post, Jeremy.  Do you know how to have the Page Designer template cycle through and apply to each record in a table?  The use case is that I created a table for "Work Orders" and I want to produce a 1 page output for each service technician.  I created a template but now want to apply it to each record in the table.  I do not see a way to create this output using the page designer for each record.