cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andrew_Cohen1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I’m trying create an externally facing site that does two things:

1. Allow site visitors to input data into a form (I think this can be done with Airtable Forms)
  2. Once a visitor fills out the form, I want them to be able to search my database of records (I don’t want them to see the entire database, just their search result)

Is there a way to do this?

1 Reply 1

Welcome to the Airtable community!

Users can input data into an Airtable base using a form.

You can providing search access to data by embedding the base on your website, and giving users access to Airtable’s native search and filter capabilities.

If you have a Pro subscription, you can also do the following.

• Protect the embedded base with a password. Use an automation to email the user the password upon form submission.
  • Automatically redirect the user to the website with the embedded base upon form submission (or to a webpage that says to check email for the password).

However, you cannot prevent users from viewing all the data in that you make available. You can share only the data in a particular view of a particular table. However, then the search would be limited to the data in that view.

If you have monthly budget, you could also look into third party “client portal” solutions.